Dr. Mohammad Ismat Kadir
Mohammad Ismat Kadir is currently a Professor with the Electronics and Communication Engineering Discipline, Khulna University, Khulna, Bangladesh.
Mohammad Ismat Kadir received the B.Sc. (Eng.) degree (First class) in Electrical and Electronic Engineering from Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology, Dhaka, Bangladesh in 1992.
He received the M.Sc. (Eng.) degree in Computer Engineering from Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology, Dhaka, Bangladesh in 1999.
He also received a Ph.D. degree in Electronics and Electrical Engineering from the University of Southampton, Southampton, U.K., in 2014.
He was an Academic Fellow funded by the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission in the U. K. working at the School of Electronics and Computer Science, University of Southampton of the U.K. from November 2016 to September 2017.
He stood 4th in the combined merit list of the students appearing at the Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC) examination, 1985 under the Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education, Rajshahi, and was awarded the `Chancellor Award' by the Honorable President of the People's Republic of Bangladesh.
Waveform design for the 5G and beyond
Heterogeneous Networks (HetNets)
Current Research Project/Collaboration
|SL||Title||Research Role||Awarded Date||Completion Date||Funding Agency|
|1||Deep Learning for Reconfigurable Intelligent Surface Aided OTFS||Principal Investigator||2022||Ongoing||National|
Mohammad Ismat Kadir is currently a Professor in the Electronics and Communication Engineering Discipline at Khulna University, Khulna, Bangladesh.
He was a Visiting Fellow with the School of ECS, University of Southampton, Southampton, U.K., from November 2016 to September 2017.
He was an Expert Faculty Member in the rank of Associate Professor in the Electrical and Electronic Engineering Department of the Islamic University of Technology (IUT), Gazipur, Dhaka from January 2003 to December 2003.
His research interests include multicarrier systems, space-time coding, cooperative communications, millimeter-wave communications, and heterogeneous networks. Dr. Kadir has authored a number of papers in IEEE journals and IEEE flagship/portfolio conferences.
He received the Commonwealth Scholarship and the Commonwealth Academic Fellowship from the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission, U.K.
|SL||Title||Degree||Role||Start Date||End Date|
|1||Watermarked medical image transmission using DCT-based SC-FDMA||Masters||Supervisor||2016||May 2018|
|2||Deep Learning for RIS-aided OTFS||Bachelor||Supervisor||Jan 2022||Feb 2023|
|3||Performance analysis of LDPC coded SCMA and other multiple access schemes||Bachelor||Supervisor||Jan 2022||Feb 2023|
|4||Deep bidirectional LSTM-aided signal detection of UFMC||Bachelor||Supervisor||Jan 2021||Feb 2022|
|5||Image Reconstruction via Compressed Sensing||Bachelor||Supervisor||Jan 2021||Feb 2022|
- Journal papers:
- 1. M. H. Abid, I. A. Talin and M. I. Kadir, "Reconfigurable Intelligent Surface-Aided Orthogonal Time Frequency Space and Its Deep Learning-Based Signal Detection," in IEEE Access, doi: 10.1109/ACCESS.2023.3273297.
- 2. Ahammed, M. F. Mollah, A. A., Kadir, R., Kadir, M. I.* (2022): Deep Bidirectional LSTM for the Signal Detection of Universal Filtered Multicarrier Systems. Machine Learning with Applications Volume 10, 2022 ISSN 2666-827.
- 3. M. I. Kadir, R. Kadir, R. Saha, LDPC coded DFT/DCT-spread SC-FDMA for image communication: A compressed sensing approach, Physical Communication, 2022, 101897, ISSN 1874-4907.
- 4. R. Kadir, R. Saha, M. M. Akhter, M. A. Awal, and M. I. Kadir, “LDPC Coded Hybrid Discrete Cosine Transform and Fej´er-KorovkinWavelet Transform-based SC-FDMA for Image Communication,” Elsevier Array, 2021.
- 5. M. I. Kadir, H. Zhang, S. Chen, and L. Hanzo, “Entropy Coding Aided Adaptive Subcarrier-Index Modulated OFDM,” IEEE Access, vol. 6, pp. 7739-7752, 2018.
- 6. M. I. Kadir, “Generalized Space-Time-Frequency Index Modulation,” IEEE Communications Letters, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 250-253, Feb. 2019.
- 7. M. I. Kadir, “Subcarrier-Index Modulated Multicarrier Space-Time Shift Keying: Achievable Rate, Performance, and Design Guidelines,” IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol. 68, no. 3, pp. 2260-2269, March 2019.
- 8. M. I. Kadir, S. Sugiura, S. Chen, and L. Hanzo, “Unified MIMO-multicarrier designs: A space-time shift keying Approach,” IEEE Communications Surveys and Tutorials, vol. 17, no. 2, pp 550 - 579, May 2015.
- 9. M. I. Kadir, L. Li, S. Chen, and L. Hanzo, “Successive-relaying-aided decode-and-forward coherent versus non-coherent cooperative multicarrier space-time shift keying,” IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol. 62, no. 6, pp 2544-2557, July 2013.
- 10. M. I. Kadir, S. Sugiura, J. Zhang, S. Chen, and L. Hanzo, “OFDMA/SCFDMA-aided space-time shift keying for dispersive multiuser scenarios,” IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol. 62, no. 1, pp 408-414, January
- 11. M. I. Kadir, S. Chen, K. V. S. Hari, K. Giridhar, and L. Hanzo, “OFDM-aided differential space-time shift keying using iterative soft multiple-symbol differential sphere decoding,” IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol.
- 63, no. 8, pp 4102-4108, October 2014.
- 12. M. R. Islam, M. I. Kadir, M. N. Islam, and M. A. Masum, “Performance Parameters in GPRS Based Traffic with Data and Voice Integrated Transmission”, Journal of Electrical Engineering (JEE), The Institution of Engineers,
- Bangladesh, vol. EE 31, no. I and II, 2004.
- Conference papers:
- 1. R. Kadir, R. Saha, M. A. Awal, and M. I. Kadir, ”Deep Bidirectional LSTM Network Learning-Aided OFDMA Downlink and SC-FDMA Uplink,” 2021 International Conference on Electronics, Communications and Information Technology
- (ICECIT), 2021, pp. 1-4, doi: 10.1109/ICECIT54077.2021.9641123.
- 2. A. A. Molla, M. F. Ahammed and M. I. Kadir, ”Evaluation of UFMC as a Potential Waveform Contender of OFDM for Next-Generation Wireless,” 2021 International Conference on Electronics, Communications and Information Technology (ICECIT), 2021, pp. 1-4, doi: 10.1109/ICECIT54077.2021.9641387.
- 3. R. Shahriar, N. J. Mowri and M. I. Kadir, ”Image Reconstruction via Compressed Sensing,” 2021 International Conference on Electronics, Communications and Information Technology (ICECIT), 2021, pp. 1-4.
- 4. M. I. Kadir, S. Chen, and L. Hanzo, “A reduced-complexity detector for OFDMA/SC-FDMA-aided multicarrier space-time shift keying,” in Proceedings of the 78th IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC) Fall, Las Vegas,
- USA, September 2013, pp. 1-5.
- 5. M. I. Kadir, S. Sugiura, S. Chen, and L. Hanzo, “MC-CDMA aided multiuser space-time shift keying in wideband channels,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference (WCNC), Shanghai, China, April 2013, pp. 2643-2648.
- 6. M. Driusso, M. I. Kadir, F. Babich, and L. Hanzo, “OFDM-aided space-time shift keying for dispersive downlink channels,” in Proceedings of the 76th IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC) Fall, Quebec City, Canada, September 2012, pp. 1-5.
- 7. A. Sarkar, M. Maniruzzaman, M. S. Ahsan, M. Ahmad, M. I. Kadir, and S. M. Taohidul Islam, ”Identification and Classification of Brain Tumors from MRI with Feature Extraction by Support Vector Machine,” 2020 International
- Conference for Emerging Technology (INCET), 2020, pp. 1-4, doi: 10.1109/INCET49848.2020.9154157.
- 8. M. I. Kadir, and Chowdhury Mofizur Rahman, “Strategies of AI Discovery Systems: a Brief Review”, in Proceedings of National Conference on Computer and Information Systems (NCCIS), 1997, Dhaka.
- 9. R. K. Debnath, M. I. Kadir, and J. Mondal, “Minimization of Propagation Delay of CMOS Inverter Driving an RC Load”, Khulna University Studies, 1999.
- 10. M. I. Kadir, and Q. A. Rahman, “Expansion of Associative Memories for Recalling Vector Patterns”, in Proceedings of International Conference on Electrical and Computer Engineering (ICECE), 2001, Dhaka.
- 11. M. I. Kadir, and Q. A Rahman, “Complete Recall Through Associative Memories with Partial Expansion”, in Proceedings of International Conference on Theoretical, Applied, Computational, and Experimental Mechanics (ICTACEM), 2001, Kharagpur, India.
- 12. M. I. Kadir, S. A. M. Tariq, and K. Perveen, “Radio Network Planning Models with Teletraffic Demand: Design, Implementation, and Improvement Issues” in Proceedings of the 14th IEEE International Conference on Telecommunication and Malaysian International Conference on Communication (ICT-MICC 2007), 2007, Penang, Malaysia.
- 13. M. I. Kadir, Md. S. Hoque, and S. Islam, “Direction of Arrival Algorithms for Adaptive Beamforming in Next-Generation Wireless Systems,” in Proceedings of the 11th International Conference on Computer and Information Technology, (ICCIT 2008), pp.571-575, 24-27 Dec. 2008, Khulna, Bangladesh.