Dr. Abdur Rahman Shahin
- PhD in Modern Novel (Islamic University, Bangladesh)
- MA in English (Islamic University, Bangladesh)
- BA (Hons.) in English (Islamic University, Bangladesh)
- HSC (Govt. Maulana Mohammad Ali College, Tangail)
- SSC (Govt. Bindubashini Boys' High School, Tangail)
- Modern Fiction
- Postcolonial Studies
- Environmental Criticism
- Cultural Studies
- Disability Studies
Current Research Project/Collaboration
|SL||Title||Research Role||Awarded Date||Completion Date||Funding Agency|
|1||Popularizing Ecocriticism: Environmental Awareness of the Students of English Discipline of Khulna University||Principal Investigator||8th September 2022||National|
- Professor at Khulna University (From 12 November 2018 to date)
- Associate Professor at Khulna University (From 31 January 2013 to 11November 2018)
- Assistant Professor at Khulna University (From 31 January 2008 to 30 January 2013)
- Lecturer at Khulna University (From 31 January 2006 to 30 January 2008)
|SL||Title||Degree||Role||Start Date||End Date|
|1||Patriarchy and Gender Wars: A Study of Dereck Joubert's The Last Lions||Bachelor||Supervisor||January 2021||December 2021|
|2||Environmental Consciousness in the Poetry of Rafiq Azad: An Ecocritical Approach||Bachelor||Supervisor||January 2021||December 2021|
|3||The Question of Motherhood and the Dilemma of Belonging in Tahmima Anam's A Golden Age||Bachelor||Supervisor||January 2019||December 2019|
- Shahin, A. R. "Poetry, Mental Health and Therapeutic Catalyst: A Study of Some Selected Poems of William Wordsworth." Khulna University Journal of Arts and Humanities, vol. 2, 2023, pp. 19-26.
- Shahin, A. R. "Theory versus Antitheory in Literary Studies: A Postcritical Overview." Khulna University Journal of Arts and Humanities, vol. 1, 2022, pp. 91-105.
- Shahin, A. R. "Disability and Criminality in Shakespeare's Richard III: Congenital Entity or Acquired Prosthetics?" HARVEST: Jahangirnagar University Studies in Language and Literature, vol. 36, 2021, pp. 107-116.
- Shahin, A. R. “The Infiltration of Journalist and the Murder of an Impartial Mediator: A Wrong Turn Toward Grave Damnation in Orhan Pamuk's Snow.” HARVEST: Jahangirnagar University Studies in Language and Literature, vol. 35, 2020, pp. 47-54.
- Shahin, A. R., Anis, M. A. R. “Fusun’s Cigarette Butts and the Question of ‘Female Masculinity’ in Orhan Pamuk’s The Museum of Innocence.” HARVEST: Jahangirnagar University Studies in Language and Literature, vol. 34, 2019, pp. 91-97.
- Shahin, A. R. “Pseudo-Cinephile’s Cinematography and the Turkish Dilemma: Reading Orhan Pamuk’s The Museum of Innocence.” Praxis: Journal of the Department of English, Rajshahi University, vol. 8, 2016, pp. 85-94.
- Shahin, A. R. , Anis, M. A. R. "Environmental Issues in Bangla Literature of Bangladesh: An Ecocritical Approach." Journal of Science and Technology, MBSTU, vol. 6, no. 1 & 2, 2016, pp. 41-51.
- Shahin, A. R. “Construction of a Personal Museum in Orhan Pamuk’s The Museum of Innocence: Nobility or Fetishist?” City University Journal, vol. 1, no. 1, 2015, pp. 145-154.
- Shahin, A. R. “Translating the In-translatable: Assessing the Dangers of Cultural Heresy in Orhan Pamuk’s My Name is Red.” HARVEST: Jahangirnagar University Studies in Language and Literature, vol. 29, 2013-2014, pp. 89-98.
- Shahin, A. R., Rahman, M. A., and Rahman, M. M. “The Conspiracy Theory of Doctor Fine in Orhan Pamuk’s The New Life: A Satire on Turkish Sensibility.” Outlooks: VUB Studies in Language, Literature and Culture, vol. 2, no. 2, 2014, pp. 207-215.
- Shahin, A. R. ""Why am I what I am?" Hoja's Impatience at Turkish Identity in Orhan Pamuk's The White Castle." Language in India, vol. 12, no. 8, August 2012, pp. 323-334.
- Shahin, A. R., Huq, R. ""No, Not Yet": Deceleration of Oriental Discourse and A Neo-noesis in E. M. Forster's A Passage to India." Literary Paritantra (System), vol. 1, nos. 3 & 4 Shared (Autumn) Janmashtami, 2009, pp. 59-70.
- Shahin, A. R. "Cruelty in the (Pseudo) Aesthete: Browning's 'My Last Duchess'" Khulna University Studies, vol. 8, no. 2, 2007, pp. 169-174.
- Shahin, A. R. "Harold Pinter's The Dumb Waiter: A Dramatic Projection of the Inferiority Complex Infused with Meaninglessness of Modern Life." Refereed Proceedings of the Seminar on Contemporary Issues in English Language and Literature. English Discipline, Khulna University, 2006, pp. 64-70.
Eng 1201 Introduction to Prose-Non-Fiction
1. J.S.Mill: Autobiography (Chapter 5)
2. Aldous Huxley: "Tragedy and the Whole Truth"
3. Mathew Arnold: "Culture and Anarchy"
4. Virginia Woolf: "Modern Fiction"Running
Eng 2203 Language Through Literature
1. Approaches to the study of literature; style and stylistics; linguistics, stylistics and literary criticism; literary vs. non-literary language; deviation
2. Linguistic description of literary texts: analysis at word, clause, and sentence levels
3. Developing language skills through reading novels and short storiesRunning
Eng 5209 Commonwealth Literature
1. Wole Soyinka: The Lion And The Jewel
2. Chinua Achebe: "The Novelist as Teacher"
3. M.G. Vassanji: "Leaving"
4. Derek Walcott: Selected poems from Norton AnthologyRunning