Room No. 3456, Kobi Jibanananda Das academic building, Khulna University, Khulna-9208
Dr. Jamil Ahmed
PhD (2011-2015), Laboratory of Soft and Wet matter, Hokkaido University, Sapporo, Japan
MS (2008-2010), Physical chemistry, Department of Chemistry, University of Dhaka, BangladeshBSc (2004-2008), Department of Chemistry, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh
Current Research Project/Collaboration
|SL||Title||Research Role||Awarded Date||Completion Date||Funding Agency|
|1||Frictional properties of hydrogels by dynamic polymer adsorption||Principal Investigator||October, 20014||March, 2015||International|
|2||Preparation of stable colloidal manganese dioxide and investigation of its reduction kinetics by formic acid in micellar media||Principal Investigator||February, 20016||July, 2016||National|
|3||Modification of the chemistry of glass surface to obtain controlled surface-wettability and comparative study of the surface fouling by protein adsorption.||Principal Investigator||January, 2018||June, 2018||National|
|4||Micro-structured water-repellent, self-cleaning polymer surfaces developed by mimicking hierarchical morphology of plant surfaces||Principal Investigator||July, 2019||June, 2020||National|
- Contributed to the development of curriculum for MS and BSc course in chemistry discipline.
- Contributed to the development of website for Chemistry Discipline under Khulna University.
- Member of the ongoing Self Assessment committee for Chemistry Discipline operated by CETL with IQAC in Khulna University.
- Served Khulna University administration as an assistant provost in Jatir Janak Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman Hall.
- During post doctoral study in the Laboratory of Soft and Wet mater, Hokkaido University, Japan:
- Constructed a generalized model equation for the friction of hydrogel on the basis of stretching of adsorbed polymer chains during sliding.
- Experienced in laboratory set up and supervised Bachelor’s and Master’s students in the laboratory.
- During doctoral study in the Laboratory of Soft and Wet mater, Faculty of Life Science, Hokkaido University, Japan:
- Developed a technique for real time observation of frictional interface.
- Studied the evolution of contact and its effect on the sliding friction of a soft surface against a smooth hard surface under water.
- Studied the effect of charge of two surfaces on their interfacial interaction.
- Revealed the effects of controllable surface chemistry on the sliding friction of zwitterionic hydrogels to design low friction biomedical devices and implants.
- During Masters thesis in the Department of Chemistry, University of Dhaka:
- Studied theories of micellar catalysis and their application on different reactions, colloidal state of manganese dioxide.
- During Batchelor thesis in the Department of Chemistry, University of Dhaka:
-Studied kinetic data evaluation by model calculation: Reduction of Potassium permanganate by Formic acid in acidic solution.
- M. Akhter, S. K. Dutta, P. K. Dhar, J. Ahmed, M. N. I. Khan, M. K. Amin, J. Islam “Catalytic degradation of toxic organic dye using an aluminum-doped Cu0.4Zn0.6-xAlxFe2O4 (x = 0.0, 0.2, 0.4, 0.6) spinel ferrite in a photo-Fenton system”, Environmental Quality Management, 2022, 1-12. DOI: 10.1002/tqem.21954
- S.K. Dutta, M.K. Amin, J. Ahmed, M. Elias, M. Mahiuddin; “Removal of Toxic Methyl Orange by a Cost-free and Eco-friendly Adsorbent: Mechanism, Phytotoxicity, Thermodynamics, and Kinetics”, S. Afr. J. Chem. Eng., 2022, 40, 195. DOI: 10.1016/j.sajce.2022.03.006
- S. K. Dutta, M. Akhter, J. Ahmed, M. K. Amin, P. K. Dhar, "Synthesis and catalytic activity of spinel ferrites: A brief review", Biointerface Res. Appl. Chem., 2021, 4 (12), 4399. DOI: 10.33263/BRIAC124.43994416
- J. Ahmed, M. M. Rahman, M. Y. A. Mollah, M. A. B. H. Susan, “Kinetic investigation on the reduction of colloidal manganese dioxide by formic acid in different micellar systems”, J. Bangladesh Chem. Soc., 2020, 32 (1-2), 93.
- J. Ahmed, M. M. Rahman, M. Y. A. Mollah, M. A. B. H. Susan, “Artwork on the Cover page”, J. Bangladesh Chem.Soc., 2020, 32 (1&2).
- R. Kundu, C. Biswas, J. Ahmed, J. Naime, M. H. Ara “A Study on the Adsorption of Cadmium(II) from Aqueous Solution onto Activated Carbon Originated from Bombaxceiba Fruit Shell”,J. Chem. Health Risks, 2020, 10(4), 243. DOI: 10.22034/jchr.2020.1903764.1154
- H. Guo, Y. Uehara, T. Matsuda, R. Kiyama, L. Li, J. Ahmed, Y. Katsuyama, T. Nonoyama, T. Kurokawa; “Surface charge dominated protein absorption on hydrogels” Soft Matter, 2020, 16, 1897. DOI: 10.1039/C9SM01999E
- H. Guo, T. Kurokawa, M. Takahata, W. Hong, Y. Katsuyama, F. Luo, J. Ahmed, T. Nakajima, T. Nonoyama, J. P. Gong; “Quantitative Observation of Electric Potential Distribution of Brittle Polyelectrolyte Hydrogels Using Microelectrode Technique”, Macromolecules, 2016, 49 (8), 3100. DOI:10.1021/acs.macromol.6b00037
- J. Ahmed, T. Yamamoto, H. Guo, T. Kurokawa, T. Nakajima, J. P.Gong; “Friction of Zwitterionic Hydrogel by Dynamic Polymer adsorption”, Macromolecules, 2015, 48(15), 5394. DOI: 10.1021/acs.macromol.5b00602
- J. Ahmed, J. P. Gong, In book: Encyclopedia of Polymeric Nanomaterials, Publisher: Springer Berlin Heidelberg, Editors: Kobayashi, Shiro and Müllen, Klaus, 2014, pp:1-10. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-642-36199-9-235-1
- J. Ahmed, H. Guo, T. Yamamoto, T. Kurokawa, M. Takahata, T. Nakajima, J. P. Gong; “Sliding Friction of Zwitterionic Hydrogel and it’s Electrostatic Origin”, Macromolecules, 2014, 47(9), 3101. DOI: 10.1021/ma500382y
- T. Yamamoto, T. Kurokawa, J. Ahmed, G. Kamita, S. Yashima, Y. Furukawa, Y. Ota, H. Furukawa, J. P. Gong; “In Situ Observation of Hydrogel – Glass Interface During Sliding Friction”, Soft Matter, 2014, 10(30), 5589. DOI: 10.1039/C4SM00338A
- J. Ahmed, H. Guo, T. Yamamoto, T. Kurokawa, M. Takahata, T. Nakajima, J. P. Gong; “Key parameters governing the friction of zwitterionic hydrogel”; International Life-Science Symposium, March 2014.
- J. Ahmed, H. Guo, T. Yamamoto, T. Kurokawa, M. Takahata, T. Nakajima, J. P. Gong; “Friction of zwitterionic hydrogel”; Gel workshop in Kaga, September 2013.
- J. Ahmed, H. Guo, T. Yamamoto, T. Kurokawa, M. Takahata, T. Nakajima, J. P. Gong; “Sliding friction of zwitterionic hydrogel: electrostatic origin of frictional stress”; SPSJ 62th Annual Meeting, The Society of Polymer Science, Japan, September 2013.