Joyanta Bir currently doing his doctoral research in the faculty of Zoology and Animal Cell Biology at the University of Basque country, Bilbao Spain. He has been working as a faculty of Fisheries and Marine Resource Technology Discipline, Khulna University, Bangladesh since 2012.
His research mainly focus on fish reproductive biology and ecology, molecular biomarker to gametogenesis, RNA polymerase transcriptions and endocrine disruption (EDs), Intersex, xenoestrogens. He also expertise on histology, histopathology and cellular Biomarker of marine invertebrate. Another field of his research is fishes and crustacean (shrimp, prawn and crab) aquaculture and aquatic toxicology and pollution.
He did his Bachelor of Science in Fisheries (Honours) and MSc in Fish Genetics and Biotechnology from Khulna University, Bangladesh. After that he did his second master on Marine Environment and Resources (MER) by awarding Erasmus Mundus Scholarship jointly from the University of Basque Country, Spain; University of Bordeaux, France; University of Liege, Belgium and University of Southampton, UK.
2021 to till date
Cell Biology in Environmental Toxicology (CBET) Research Group,
Departamento de Zoología y Biología Celular Animal
Plentzia Marine Station University of the Basque Country (PiE-UPV/EHU), Bilbao, Spain
European Master in Marine Environment and Resources (MER),
University of Bordeaux, France; University of Southampton, UK
University of Basque Country, Spain, University of Liege, Belgium.
Master of Fish Genetics and Biotechnology
School of Life Science, Khulna University, Bangladesh
BSc (Honours) in Fisheries and Marine Science
School of Life Science, Khulna University, Bangladesh
Fish reproductive Biology and
Ecology, Molecular biomarker, Fish sex differentiation, endocrine
disruption (EDs), Intersex, xenoestrogens.
Histology, Histopathology and
Cellular Biomarker of marine invertebrate.
and crustacean (Shrimp, Prawn and Crab) Aquaculture.
Aquatic Toxicology and Pollution.
On-going research Project
1. Project Title: Development of in-situ Breeding technology of major crustacean Prawn (Macrobrachium rosenbergii) and Adoption of Sustainable Eco-Friendly Culture of Prawn and Shrimp (Penaeus monodon) by applying probiotics. Duration: 2019-2021; Position: Co-Principal Investigator; Funding agency: Bangladesh Agricultural Research Council (BARC, NATP-2).
Completed Research Project
1. Project Title: Adoption of different culture regimes and proximate composition analysis of freshwater mud eel (Monopterus cuchia); Duration: 2019-2020, Position: Principal Investigator, Funding agency: Khulna University Research Cell, Khulna University, Bangladesh.
2. Project Name: AQUAFISH INOVATION LAB project “Integrated Mola fish and gher/freshwater prawn farming with dyke cropping to increase household nutrition and earnings for rural farmers in Southwest Bangladesh”. Program activities funded in part by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) under CA/LWA No. EPP-A-00-06-00012-00 and by participating US and Host Country institutions ; Duration: 2017-2018; Position: Co-Principal Investigator
3. Project Name: An aquaculture inventory to improve the sector’s capacity to adapt to climate change impacts in the southern districts of Bangladesh, Duration: 2017-2018; Position: Co-Principal Investigator; Funding Agency: FAO and Network of Aquaculture Centres in Asia-Pacific ("NACA")
4. Project Name: Adoption of biofloc technology (BFT) in prawn in Eco-friendly Aquaculture in coastal region of Bangladesh; Duration: 2016-2018; Position: Co-Principal Investigator; Funding agency: Bangladesh Academy of Science and USDA
5. Project Title: Effect of probiotics on the production performance, bacterial quality and immune competence of freshwater prawn (Macrobrachium rosenbergii). Duration: 2013-2015 Position: Co-Principal Investigator; Funding Agency: Ministry of Education, Bangladesh
6. Project Title: Marketing of formalin treated fish in Khulna city; Duration: 2012-2013; Position: Principal Investigator; Funding Agency: Khulna University Research Cell, Khulna University, Bangladesh
1. Development of biodiversity friendly guidelines on fisheries and aquaculture for the wildlife sanctuaries in Bangladesh Sundarbans. Supported by Expanding the Protected Area System to Incorporate Important Aquatic Ecosystems project, UNDP, Bangladesh (Position, Junior National Consultant)
2. An aquaculture inventory to improve the sector’s capacity to adapt to climate change impacts in the southern districts of Bangladesh. Supported by FAO and Network of Aquaculture Centres in Asia-Pacific ("NACA") (Position, Co-researcher).
1. European Commission (Horizon 2020); Research Assistant. “Integrated oil spill response actions and environmental effects (GRACE), PiE, UPV/EHU, Plentzia, Bilbao, Spain; www.grace-oil-project.eu/en-us/
2. Mud Crab (Scylla serreta) Culture as an Adaptive Measure for the Climatically Stressed Coastal Fisher-Folks of Potuakhali and Barguna Districts of Banglaesh”. Funded by DANIDA, supervised by RFLDC-Barisal and implemented by Fisheries and Marine Technology Discipline, Khulna University
3. Evaluation of probiotic effects on production performance in prawn (Macrobrachium rosenbergii) culture system” ,Funded by: USDA and Bangladesh Academic of Science (BAS)
Student Thesis Supervision:
Current Research Project/Collaboration
Associate Professor, Fisheries and Marine Resource Tech. Discipline, School of Life Science, Khulna University, Bangladesh
Assistant Professor, Fisheries and
Marine Resource Tech. Discipline, School of Life Science, Khulna University,
Lecturer, Fisheries and Marine Resource Tech. Discipline, School of Life Science, Khulna University, Bangladesh
Research Assistant, Cell Biology and Environmental Toxicology (CBET) Lab, PLENTZIA MARINE STATION (PiE-UPV/EHU), Bilbao, Spain
Peer Review Research Article
38. Bir, Joyanta, Iratxe Rojo-Bartolomé, Oihane Diaz de Cerio, Maren Ortiz-Zarragoitia, and Ibon Cancio. "Method for the Molecular and Quantitative Identification of Oocytes and Their Developmental Stage in Teleost Fish Gonads." MethodX [Article in press] [Impact factor: 1.9]
37. Bir, Joyanta., Rojo-Bartolomé, I., Lekube, X., Diaz de Cerio, O., Ortiz-Zarragoitia, M., Cancio, I., High production of transfer RNAs identifies the presence of developing oocytes in ovaries and intersex testes of teleost fish, Marine Environmental Research (2023), doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.marenvres.2023.105907 [Impact factor: 3.737]
36. Hossen , M. S., Siddika , S., Choudhury , S. Z., & Bir , Joyanta. (2023). Comparing the Suitable Different Protein Level and Economically Viable Feed for Tilapia (Oreochromis niloticus) Reared in Glass Tank at Bangladesh. Asian Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Research, 24(1), 40–48. https://doi.org/10.9734/ajfar/2023/v24i1625
35. Md. Abul K. Azad, Shikder S. Islam, Alokesh K. Ghosh, Abul F. Md. Hasanuzzaman, Aaron J. Smith, Joyanta Bir, Mirja K. Ahmmed, Fatema Ahmmed, Ghausiatur R. Banu, Khandaker A. Huq. Application of zymetin and super PS probiotics in hatchery, nursery, and grow-out phases of Macrobrachium rosenbergii and their impact on culture environment, production, and economics. World Aquaculture Society (2023).https://doi.org/10.1111/jwas.12943 [Impact factor: 3.402]
34. Joyanta Bir., Rony Golder & Shikder Saiful Islam (2022). Review on invasive alien species (IAS): Challenge and consequence to the aquatic ecosystem services. Marine Science and Technology Bulletin, 11(3), 288-298. https://doi.org/10.33714/masteb.1091625
33. Shikder Saiful Islam, Md Rony Golder, Joyanta Bir, et al. (2022). Growth comparison of mono and mixed-sex giant freshwater prawn (Macrobrachium rosenbergii, De man) and stocking optimization of male monosex farming. Khulna University Studies. DOI: https://ku.ac.bd/ku-research/Online%20First/547
32. Shuva, M.S.H., Golder, M.R., Rouf, M.A. Uddin, M.M, & Bir, Joyanta. Daytime and Nighttime Sea Surface Temperature (SST) along with Diurnal Variability (D-SST) in the Northern Bay of Bengal: A Remote Sensing Approach. Thalassas (2022) Springer. https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s41208-022-00406-8 [Impact factor: 0.962]
31. Joyanta Bir*, Md Rony Golder, Prianka Biswas, Suraiya Tasrin and Shanchita Zaman Chowdhury. Plastic pollution in an estuary: A preliminary study on the Rupsha river in southwestern Bangladesh. Bangladesh J. Fish. (2021) 33(2): 295-304. https://doi.org/10.52168/bjf.2021.33.32
30. Md Rony Golder, Md Abdul Kadir Zilany, Joyanta Bir*, Khandaker Anisul Huq, Kazi Ahmed Kabir, Mohammad Mamun-Ur-Rashid and Shikder Saiful Islam. Effect of different experimental diets and salinity on growth performance of Penaeus monodon. Bangladesh J. Fish. (2021) 33(2): 275-282. https://doi.org/10.52168/bjf.2021.33.30
29. Azad, M.A.K., Islam, S.S.*, Amin, M.N., Ghosh, A.K., Hasan, K.R., Bir, Joyanta., Banu, G.R., Huq, K.A. (2021). Production and economics of probiotics treated Macrobrachium rosenbergii at different stocking densities. Animal Feed Science and Technology, 115125. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.anifeedsci.2021.115125. [Impact factor: 3.313]
28. Golder, Md Rony, Md Shahin Hossain Shuva, Muhammad Abdur Rouf, Mohammad Muslem Uddin, Sayeda Kamrunnahar Bristy, and Joyanta Bir. "Chlorophyll-a, SST and particulate organic carbon in response to the cyclone Amphan in the Bay of Bengal." Journal of Earth System Science 130, no. 3 (2021): 1-9. https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s12040-021-01668-1 [Impact factor:2.045]
27. Paul, Prianka, Md Islam, Sumona Khatun, Joyanta Bir, and Antara Ghosh. "Reproductive biology of mud crabs (Scylla olivacea) collected from Paikgachha, Khulna, Bangladesh." Journal of Advanced Veterinary & Animal Research 8, no. 1 (2021). http://doi.org/10.5455/javar.2021.h483 [Impact factor:1.60]
26. Md. Amirul Islam, Shikder Saiful Islam, Prosenjit Debnath, Joyanta Bir, Khandaker Anisul Huq. Effect of different C/N ratios on volume and potential microbial composition of flocs in freshwater prawn Macrobrachium rosenbergii culture system. Int J Fish Aquat Stud 2021;9(1):310-317. DOI: 10.22271/fish.2021.v9.i1d.2417
25. Joyanta Bir, Rimu Das, Md Rony Golder, Shukder Saiful Islam, Prianka Paul, Md. Imran Noor, Md Rofiqul Islam, S-E Mahfuz, Alokesh K Ghosh, K Anisul Huq. 2020. Growth performance and proximate composition of grey mullet Liza parsia at different salinities, Bangladesh Journal of Fisheries, https://fsb.bau.edu.bd/bjf/index.php/home/article/view/116
24. Bir Joyanta., Golder, M. R., Kiswas, S. K., Islam, S. S., Kumar, R., & Huq, K. A. (2020). Application of probiotics and prebiotics for promoting growth of Tiger shrimp (Penaeus monodon): an approach to eco-friendly shrimp aquaculture. International Journal of Agricultural Research, Innovation and Technology (IJARIT), 10(2355-2021-430), 15-20. https://doi.org/10.3329/ijarit.v10i2.51571
23. Joyanta Bir, Md Rony Golder, Md. Fahad Al Zobayer, Kishur Kumar Das, Shanchita Zaman Choudhory, Lopa Mudra Das, Partha Chandra Paul. "A review oon Blue Economy: Prospect and Challange."International Journal of Natural and Social Science. http://ijnss.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/IJNSS-V7I4-4-pp-21-29.pdf
22. Howlader, Pallabi, Alokesh Kumar Ghosh, Shikder Saiful Islam, Joyanta Bir, and Ghausiatur Reza Banu. "Antiviral activity of Cynodon dactylon on white spot syndrome virus (WSSV)-infected shrimp: an attempt to mitigate risk in shrimp farming."https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10499-020-00553-w [Impact factor: 2.953].
21. Sumon, Tofael Ahmed, Md Ashraf Hussain, Farjana Akhter Mita, Joyanta Bir, and Sarker Mohammed Ibrahim Khalil. 2020 "Status of formalin in commercially important fishes from the northeastern region of Bangladesh." Bangladesh Journal of Fisheries 32, no. 1 (2020): 23-28. https://fsb.bau.edu.bd/bjf/index.php/home/article/view/85
20. Joyanta Bir, Shikder Saiful Islam, Wasim Sabbir, Rashedul Islam, Khandaker Anisul Huq (2020), Ecology and reproductive biology of Mud Crab Scylla spp: A study of commercial mud crab in Bangladesh. http://www.academicjournal.in/archives/2020/vol5/issue2/5-1-26
19. Joyanta Bir, Md Rony Golder and SM Ibrahim Khalil. Adaptation in extreme underwater vent ecosystem: a case study on Pompeii worm (Alvinella pompejana). International Journal of Fauna and Biological Studies. 2020; 7(3): 25-32.
18. Chowdhury, S.Z., Huq A.K., Ghosh A.K., Hossain M.I., Howlader P., Islam S.S., & Bir J. 2019. Two crops shrimp farming is a new approach to enhance production in semi intensive farming in coastal region of Bangladesh. Journal of Biodiversity and Environmental Sciences. 14(5), 102-109
17. Azad, M. A. K., Islam, S. S., Sithi, I. N., Ghosh, A. K., Banu, G. R., Bir, J., & Huq, K. A. 2018. Effect of probiotics on immune competence of giant freshwater prawn Macrobrachium rosenbergii. Aquaculture Research. https://doi.org/10.1111/are.13942 [Impact factor: 2.184].
16. Ghosh, A. K., Bir, J., Azad, M. A. K., Hasanuzzaman, A. F. M., Islam, M. S., & Huq, K. A. (2016). Impact of commercial probiotics application on growth and production of giant fresh water prawn (Macrobrachium Rosenbergii De Man, 1879). Aquaculture Reports, 4, 112-117. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.aqrep.2016.08.001 [Impact factor: 3.385].
15. Sultana, S., Nahar, K., Bir, J., Kabiraj, M., & Khan, M. N. (2017). A Quick View on Biology of Near Threatened Peacock Eel (Macrognathus aculeatus) in Khulna Region of Bangladesh. American Journal of Zoological Research, 5(2), 38-46. http://pubs.sciepub.com/ajzr/5/2/4
14. Howlader, P., Rahman, S. B., Bir, J., Sultana, S., & Banu, G. R. (2017). Mechanical prevention of virulent Vibrio cholerae bacteria in some commercially dried fishes through cumin seed (Nigella sativa) extracts.
13. Bir, J., Howlader, P., Ray, S., Sultana, S., Khalil, S. I., & Banu, G. R. (2017). A critical review on white spot syndrome virus (WSSV): A potential threat to shrimp farming in Bangladesh and some Asian countries. International Journal of Microbiology and Mycology, 6(1), 39-48.
12. Bir, J., Rahman, B. S., Sarower-E-Mahfuj, M., Rahman, M. A., & Shah, M. S. (2016). Reproductive Biology and Feeding Habit of Gold Spot Mullet, Liza parsia. American Journal of Zoological Research, 4(1), 7-12. http://pubs.sciepub.com/ajzr/4/1/2/
11. Sultana, S., Shah, M. S., Ghosh, A. K., & Bir, J. (2016). Taxonomic study on the supposed hybrids of Indian major carps and Chinese carps in the local markets of Khulna, Jessore and Satkhira district, Bangladesh. Khulna University Studies, 13 (1) : 55-64
10. Bir, J., Sumon, M. S., & Rahaman, S. M. B. (2015). The effects of different water quality parameters on zooplankton distribution in major river systems of Sundarbans Mangrove. IOSR Journal of Environmental Science, Toxicology and Food Technology, 11, 56-63.
9. Bir, J., Sayeed, M. A. B., Azad, M. A. K., Chakravorty, S., & Ghosh, A. K. (2015). Formalin Exposure in Different Species at Khulna City Fish Markets: A Survey Based on Retroactive Application of this Preservative by Local Traders. South Asian J. Agric., 6 (1&2): 63-69
8. Sayeed, M. A. B., Azad, M. A. K., Bir, J., Huq, K. A., Hasanuzzaman, A. F. M., & Khushi, S. S. (2015). Quantitative Dynamics of Total and Beneficial (Streptococcus faecalis) Bacteria and Bioactive Potentials of Nutraceuticals in Probiotics-Treated Prawn. South Asian J. Agric., 6 (1&2): 187-197
7. Ghosh, A. K., Sarkar, S., Bir, J., Islam, S. S., Huq, K. A., & Naser, M. N. (2013). Probiotic Tiger Shrimp (Penaeus monodon) Farming at Different Stocking Densities and its Impact on Production and Economics. International Journal of Research in Fisheries and Aquaculture, 3(2), 25-29.
6. Rahaman, S. B., Sohag, M. S. H., Ghosh, A. K., Biswas, S. K., Sarder, L., Bir, J., & Opu, S. S. (2013). Spatial and temporal variation of total nitrogen and total phosphorus in major river systems of Sundarbans mangrove forest, Bangladesh. International Journal of Marine Science, 3. http://biopublisher.ca/index.php/ijms/article/html/716/
5. Ghosh, A. K., Akter, K., Rahman, B. S., Bir, J., & Huq, K. A. (2013). Prevalence of coliform and Salmonella in cultured prawn (Macrobrachium rosenbergii) ghers of different management conditions at Dumuria, Khulna, Bangladesh.
4. Rahaman, S. M. B., Golder, J., Rahaman, M. S., Hasanuzzaman, A. F. M., Huq, K. A., Begum, S., & Bir, J. (2013). Spatial and temporal variations in phytoplankton abundance and species diversity in the Sundarbans mangrove forest of Bangladesh. J Mar Sci Res Dev, 3(2), 1-9. http://dx.doi.org/10.4172/2155-9910.1000126
3. Islam, S. S., Shah, M. S., Rahi, M. L., Biswas, P., Islam, M. R., & Bir, J. (2013) Taxonomy and some aspects of biology of Punitus sarana and Punitus gonionotus. Khulna University Studies. 11 (1&2) and 12(1&2)
2. Islam, S. S., Shah, M. S., Akter, R., Biswas, P., Sabbir, W., & Bir, J. (2013). Some aspects of biology of snake head Channa striatus. Khulna University Studies, 12(1&2), 59-66.
1. Mahmud, Z., Ahmed, F., Ghosh, A. K., Azad, M. A. K., Bir, J., & Rahaman, S. B. (2012). Induced breeding, embryonic and larval development of comet gold fish (Carassius auratus) in Khulna, Bangladesh. Int. J. Biosci, 10, 28-38.
1. Akter, M., Auguste, M., Bir, J., Blanco, E., Briaudeau, T., Dapueto, G., & Gain, D. (2017). SCHeMA EU Project Summer School Report (Bilbao June 16–17, 2016). CHIMIA International Journal for Chemistry, 71(9), 607-610.
2. Huq K.A., Islam S.S., Sabbir W., Bir J., Haque S.M., Borski R. (2018). Integration of mola Amblypharyngodon mola in prawn-carp gher farming systems to increase household nutrition and earnings for rural farmers in southwest Bangladesh. Aquaculture America-2018, 211
Oral Presentation and Abstract Publication (Seminar/Workshop)
- Bir Joyanta, Diaz de Cerio O, Ortiz-Zarragoitia M, L. Luque, P, Kukul, D, Zudaire I, and Cancio I. (2023). Analysis of yellowfin tuna Thunnus albacares ovarian maturation: molecular staging for the assessment of stock reproductive potential. XIV Congress of the Iberian Association of Comparative Endocrinology – AIEC (Bilbao, Espana, 11-13 September, 2023)
- Joyanta Bir, Oihane Diaz de Cerio, Iratxe Rojo-Bartolomé, Maren Ortiz-Zarragoitia and Ibon Cancio, (2022). RNA polymerase III hyperactivity in teleost gonads: 5S rRNA and tRNAs as oocyte markers in teleost ovaries and intersex testes. The 21th International Symposium on Pollutants Response In Marine Organisms (PRIMO21), University Of Gothenburg, Sweden, May 22-25, 2022
- Urkixo Esti, Atzori Clarissa, Bir Joyanta*, Diaz de Cerio Oihane, Cancio Iban.(2023). mTOR gene sequencing in Chelon labrsosus and gene transcription levels in fish tissues. XIV Congress of the Iberian Association of Comparative Endocrinology – AIEC (11-13 September, 2023, Bilbao, Spain)
- Atzori Clarissa*, Bir Joyanta, Diaz de Cerio Oihane, Cancio Ibon. (2023). Tissue specific transcriptional profiles of autophagocytosis and lysosomal genes: towards understanding atresia in fish oocytes. XIV Congress of the Iberian Association of Comparative Endocrinology – AIEC (11-13 September, 2023, Bilbao, Spain)
- Ibon Cancio, Joyanta Bir, Anthony Nzioka, Iratxe Rojo-Bartolomé, Maren Ortiz-Zarragoitia , Oihane Diaz de Cerio (2022). 8th International Workshop on the Biology of Fish Gametes, 20-23 September 2022, Gdańsk, POLAND
- Joyanta Bir, Oihane Diaz de Cerio, Iratxe Rojo-Bartolomé, Maren Ortiz-Zarragoitia, Ibon Cancio (2022). What do ribosomes tell us about fish oocyte development during sex differentiation, oogenesis and xenoestrogenic exposure. 30th CECE & 9th ISFE, Joint Conference of the European Society for Comparative Endocrinology and of the International Society for Fish Endocrinology, 4-8 September 2022, Faro, Portugal.
- Gourab Chowdhury, Oihane Diaz de Cerio, Joyanta Bir*, B Gonzalez-Gaya, Nestor Etxebarria, Ibon Cancio (2022). Oxidative stress and antioxidant defenses in experimentally bleached and copper exposed sea anemones (Anemonia viridis). The 21th International Symposium on Pollutants Response In Marine Organisms (PRIMO21), May 22-25, 2022,University Of Gothenburg, Sweden.
- Joyanta Bir, Oihane Diaz
de Cerio, Galder Garcia, Gourab Chowdhury, Maren Ortiz-Zarragoitia, Ibon Cancio. (2021). 5S rRNA and tRNA in fish ovaries: A
history of gene duplication. The Centre of Marine Sciences – CCMAR,
The University of the Algarve, Portugal.
- Huq K.A., Islam S.S., Sabbir W., Bir J., Haque S.M., Borski R. (2018). Integration of mola Amblypharyngodon mola in prawn-carp gher farming systems to increase household nutrition and earnings for rural farmers in southwest Bangladesh. Aquaculture America-2018, 211.
- Joyanta Bir and Md. Golam Sarower (2023). Addressing Histopathological Alterations in Brackish Water Mussels (Mytilus trossulus) Exposed to Oil spill (WAF) and WAF-D through Tissue-level Biomarkers. Healthy mangroves and sustainable fisheries for climate resilient coastal community in south Asia 01-03 March, 2023, Khulna University Khulna, Bangladesh
- Md Amirul Islam, Shikder Saiful Islam, Joyanta Bir, Prosenjit Debnath, Md. Rahamat Ullah and Khandaker Anisul Huq (2023). Effect of Biofloc on Feed Efficiency, Growth and Production of Giant Freshwater Prawn (Macrobrachium rosenbergii De Man, 1879). Healthy mangroves and sustainable fisheries for climate resilient coastal community in south Asia 01-03 March, 2023, Khulna University Khulna, Bangladesh
- Sumon, Kumar Biswas, Ranajit Kumar, Md. Rony Golder, Joyanta Bir, Shikder Saiful Islam,.and Khandaker Anisul Huq, K.A., (2023). Application of probiotics and prebiotics for promoting growth of Tiger shrimp (Penaeus monodon): an approach to eco-friendly shrimp aquaculture. Healthy mangroves and sustainable fisheries for climate resilient coastal community in south Asia 01-03 March, 2023, Khulna University Khulna, Bangladesh
- Akter, M.S., Roy, N.R., Islam, S.S., Kabir, K.A., Hossain, M.S., Ghosh, A.K., Bir, Joyanta., Huq, K.A. (2019). Identification and Quantification of Benthos in Different Feed Treated Tilapia Ponds. Eighth Fisheries Conference & Research Fair. Bangladesh Fisheries Research Forum (BFRF)
1. Huq, K.A., Islam, S.S., Bir, J. (2018). An aquaculture inventory to improve the sector’s capacity to adapt to climate change impacts in the southern districts of Bangladesh. In Preliminary study: Aquaculture inventory for improved planning and management in the southern districts of Bangladesh. CLS-FSH-NT-18-0072, V1.2. pp. 27-40.
2. খন্দকার আনিছুল হক, জয়ন্ত বীর, আবুল কালাম আজাদ "মাছ ও চিংড়ি চাষে প্রোবায়টিক এর ব্যবহারঃ সম্ভাবনার নতুন দিগন্ত"। জাতীয় মৎস্য সপ্তাহ -2015, পৃষ্ঠা 79-81, মৎস্য অধিদপ্তর, মৎস্য ও প্রানিসম্পদ মন্ত্রণালয়, বাংলাদেশ।
Course Structure for Zoology
1. Physical characteristics of ocean water.
2. Underwater Acoustics: Principles of underwater acoustics, including history and basic concepts; the sonar equations; propagation of sound in the sea; reflection and scattering; sonar background noise; detection of signals in noise; sonar systems; system requirements and operations; and signal processing and display.
3. Ocean circulation: Surface and subsurface circulations, deep water currents, thermohaline circulation, current flow and gyres, open ocean convergence and divergence. Instruments for measuring currents.
Chemical and Geological Oceanography
Chemical and Geological Oceanography; Chemical and Geological Oceanography Sessional
Topics in My Teaching Section
1. A chemical perspective: Important and unusual Chemical Properties of seawater, The salinity of seawater, Conservative elements, Bioactive elements, Adsorbed elements
2. Chemical equilibrium in sea waters : The composition of sea water, dissociation of weak acids, pH of sea water, solubilities of minerals, activity coefficients, control of oceanic composition, elements in sea water, major and minor constituents, Eh and salinity of sea water.
3. Nutrient cycles: Silicon, phosphorus, nitrogen and carbon cycles.
4. Marine organic geochemistry: The nature of organic matter, Methods of characterizing organic matter, Major organic carbon compounds as biomarkers, Dissolved organic matter in seawater.
5. Chemical reactions in
marine sediments: Diagenesis and preservation of organic matter,
Diagenesis and preservation of calcium carbonate, Diagenesis and preservation
of silica, Diagenesis and preservation of metals
Shellfish Biology; and Shellfish biology Sessional
Undergraduate course for the student of 2nd Year 1st TermRunning