Economics Discipline, Khulna University, Khulna-9208, Bangladesh
- pursuing Ph.D. in Economics (Australian National University, Australia) [on study leave]
- Master of Advanced Economics (University of Queensland, Australia)
- MSc. in Economic Growth and Development, (The University of Warwick, UK and Lund University, Sweden)
- MSc. in Economics, (University of Bonn, Germany)
- BSS in Economics, (Khulna University, Bangladesh)
Energy Economics | Applied Econometrics | Macroeconomics | Environment and Climate Change Economics
Current Research Project/Collaboration
|SL||Title||Research Role||Awarded Date||Completion Date||Funding Agency|
|1||Empowering the measurement of economic growth on the ground: Exploring energy use and enterprise behaviours in Dhaka||Principal Investigator||2021||International|
|2||Engineering Energy-Efficient Behaviours and Conservations in Household Electricity Market in Urban Dhaka||Co-Principal Investigator||2021||International|
|3||Prepaid metering and electricity consumption in developing countries||Principal Investigator||2020||2020||International|
|4||Exploring electricity consumption and firm recovery during the pandemic in Bangladesh||Principal Investigator||2023||International|
|5||Incentivizing safe Lead Acid Battery (LAB) recycling in informal sector? Evidence from Bangladesh||Principal Investigator||1999||2021||International|
- ( Nov, 2015– till date) Assistant Professor, Economics Discipline, Khulna University, Khulna, Bangladesh.
- (Nov, 2013– Nov, 2015) Lecturer, Economics Discipline, Khulna University, Khulna, Bangladesh.
- (Sept, 2013– Nov, 2013) Senior Research Associate, Institute of Inclusive Finance and Development (InM), Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- (Oct, 2012– Jan, 2013) Research Intern, Oxford Poverty and Human Development Initiative (OPHI), The University of Oxford, United Kingdom.
- (Dec, 2009– Mar, 2010) Research Student Assistant, Laboratory for Experimental Economics (BonnEconLab), University of Bonn, Germany.
|SL||Title||Degree||Role||Start Date||End Date|
|No Supervision Available|
- [American Economic Association (AEA) RCT registry] “Engineering Energy-Efficient Behaviours and Conservations in Household Electricity Market in Urban Dhaka.”, 2022. AEA RCT Registry. https://doi.org/10.1257/rct.8838-1.0
- [Oxford Policy Management-Energy Insights] Das, D.K. and Stern, D.I. (2020) Prepaid metering and electricity consumption in developing countries, Energy and Economic Growth-Energy Insight, Oxford Policy Management, Link
-  Kumar, T., Govinda, R., Stern, D., & Das, D. (2023). Physical infrastructure and economic growth. Applied Economics, 1-16. Link
-  Kumar, T., Govinda, R., Stern, D., & Das, D. (2021). How Much Does Physical Infrastructure Contribute to Economic Growth? An Empirical Analysis (Policy Research Working Paper No. 9888). The World Bank. Link
-  Zaman, R., Das, D.K., van Viliet, O., & Posch, A., (2021), Distributional inequality in market-based solar home system programs: Evidence from rural Bangladesh, Energy Economics, Vol. 102, DOI:https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eneco.2021.105523
-  Das, D.K., Islam, M.S., Dutta, C.B., Hassan, M.M., & Hossen, S.S., (2021), Is there any demand for improved cooking stoves? Evidence from Bangladesh, Journal of Environmental Management, Vol. 298, DOI:https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jenvman.2021.113412
-  Xu, Z., Das, D.K., Guo, W., & Wei, W., (2021), Does power grid infrastructure stimulate regional economic growth? Energy Policy, Vol. 155, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.enpol.2021.112296
-  Islam, M. S., Tumpa, S., Afrin, S., Ahsan, M. N., Haider, M. Z., & Das, D. K. (2021). From over to optimal irrigation in paddy production: what determines over-irrigation in Bangladesh? Sustainable Water Resources Management, 7(3), 35. DOI:10.1007/s40899-021-00512-0
-  Islam, M.S., Ferdousy, S., Afrin, S., Ahsan, M.N., Haider, M.Z. and Das, D.K. (2020), “How does farmers’ field schooling impact eco-efficiency? Empirical evidence from paddy farmers in Bangladesh”, China Agricultural Economic Review,29(2), 181-198, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1108/CAER-12-2018-0239
-  Das, D.K. and Dutta, C.B. (2020). Can oil and precious metal price forecast exchange and interest rate movement in Bangladesh?, Journal of International Trade & Economic Development, Vol.28(8) DOI: 10.1080/09638199.2019.1655584
-  Islam, M.S., Afrin, S., Das, D.K. and Ahsan, M.N. (2020), "The strategic interplay in academia: administrators versus students", Journal of Modelling in Management, Vol. ahead-of-print No. ahead-of-print. https://doi.org/10.1108/JM2-05-2019-0113
-  Islam, M.S., Afrin, S., Ahsan, M.N., Haider, M.Z., Murad, T.M., and Das, D.K. (2019) Households’ Willingness to Pay for Disaster Resilient Safe Drinking Water Sources in Southwestern Coastal Bangladesh, International Journal of Disaster Risk Science, DOI: 10.1007/s13753-019-00229-x
-  Das, D.K., Islam, M.S., Hadiujjaman, S. et al. (2019). Health cost of salinity contamination in drinking water: evidence from Bangladesh, Environmental Economics and Policy Studies, 21(3): 371-397. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s10018-018-0234-9
-  Dutta, C.B. and Das, D.K. (2017). What drives consumers’ online information search behavior? Evidence from England, Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Vol. 35, pp36-45, DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jretconser.2016.10.015
-  Dutta, C.B., Haider, M.Z. and Das, D.K. (2017). Investment, Trade Openness and Economic Growth: Evidence from Bangladesh, South Asian Journal of Macroeconomics and Public Finance, Vol 6, pp82-104, DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.1177/2277978717695150
-  Dutta, C.B. and Das, D.K. (2016). Does disaggregated CO2 emission matter for growth? Evidence from thirty countries, Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Vol. 66, pp825-833, DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.rser.2016.08.034
-  Das, D.K. (2016). Determinants of current account imbalance in the global economy: a dynamic panel analysis, Journal of Economic Structures, Vol. 5(8), Springer, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1186/s40008-016-0039-6
-  Das, D.K., Biswas, R. and Islam, S., (2014) Mobile Money Transfer and Economic Development in the
South-Western Region of Bangladesh, Journal of Rural Development, Vol. 39, No. 2.
-  Das, D.K., and Dutta, C.B., (2013) Global Financial Crisis and Foreign Development Assistance Shocks in Least Developing Countries, Journal of Economic Development, Vol. 38, No. 2.
-  Das D.K., Ghosh P. & Mamun T.M. (2017). Causality among energy price, trade openness and economic growth in emerging countries: A panel cointegration analysis. Khulna University Studies, Vol. 14 (1 & 2): 163-180