Dr. Muhammad Sarwar Hossain
Muhammad Sarwar Hossain earned both his Bachelor's and Master's degrees in Chemistry from the University of Rajshahi. He joined as a Lecturer in the Chemistry Discipline at Khulna University, Bangladesh, on September 5, 2013. Driven by a thirst for knowledge and a commitment to academic excellence, Sarwar pursued his Ph.D. at Sogang University in South Korea. With his academic journey marked by dedication and scholarly achievements, he has returned to his homeland, Bangladesh, to share his expertise with the academic community. Currently, he serves as an Associate Professor in the Chemistry Discipline at Khulna University, where he imparts his knowledge, inspires young minds, and contributes to the advancement of chemistry education and research in Bangladesh.
Dr. Sarwar's journey from his early education in Bangladesh to earning a Ph.D. in Chemistry in South Korea and his subsequent role as an Associate Professor underscores his unwavering commitment to the field of chemistry and his determination to make a meaningful impact in the world of academia.
PhD in Chemistry, 2023
Korea Center for
Artificial Photosynthesis (KCAP), Graduate School of Science, Sogang
University, South Korea
Thesis Title: “Non-defect-mediated
catalytic conversion of CO2 and H2O to CO, H2,
and H2O2 by temperature swing between 700 and 950 °C” Supervisor: Professor Kyung Byung Yoon,
Master of Science (First Class 1st position), March 2011
Chemistry, Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, Rajshahi University,
Thesis Title: “Studies on sodium dodecyl
sulphate in aqueous and in aqueous amino acid solutions: A volumetric and
Supervisor: Tapan Kumar Biswas
Bachelor of Science (First Class 1st
position), February 2009
Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, Rajshahi University, Bangladesh
CO2 capture from Zeolite, Artificial Photosynthesis, CO2 Reduction to Fuel, Nanomaterial, Green Synthesis, Electrochemistry
Current Research Project/Collaboration
|SL||Title||Research Role||Awarded Date||Completion Date||Funding Agency|
|No Research Project Available|
Associate Professor, Chemistry Discipline, Khulna University, Bangladesh
Assistant Professor, Chemistry Discipline, Khulna University, Bangladesh
Lecturer, Chemistry Discipline, Khulna University, Bangladesh
Lecturer, Dept. of Analytical & Environmental Chemistry, Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman Science & Technology University, Gopalgonj, Bangladesh
|SL||Title||Degree||Role||Start Date||End Date|
|No Supervision Available|
Published articles (Until May 2023)
(1) Thanh, Nguyen Huu, Erdenechimeg Shaariikhuu, Thi Xuyen Nguyen, Muhammad Sarwar Hossain, Eunju Lee Tae, Guda Dinneswara Reddy, and Kyung Byung Yoon. "Cross‐linked polystyrene and polydivinylbenzene release significant amounts of carbon monoxide and hydrogen at ambient temperature." Bull. Korean Chem. Soc. (2023), 1–5. http://DOI: 10.1002/bkcs.12645.
(2) Koirala, Agni Raj, Nguyen Huu Thanh, Erdenechimeg Shaariikhuu, Thi Xuyen Nguyen, Muhammad Sarwar Hossain, and Kyung Byung Yoon. "Map of 20 reactions that take place during vapor–solid phase photocatalytic dehydrogenation of ethanol on metal‐loaded TiO2." Bull. Korean Chem. Soc. (2023), 1–5. http://DOI: 10.1002/bkcs.12685.
(3) Naznin, A.; Dhar, P.K.; Dutta, S.K.; Chakrabarty, S.; Karmakar, U.K.; Kundu, P.; Hossain, M.S.; Barai, H.R.; Haque, M.R. Synthesis of Magnetic Iron Oxide- Incorporated Cellulose Composite Particles: An Investigation on Antioxidant Properties and Drug Delivery Applications. Pharmaceutics (2023), 15,732. https://doi.org/10.3390/pharmaceutics15030732
(4) Rokeya Khatun, Muhammad Shamim Al Mamun, Suravi Islam, Nazia Khatun, Mahmuda Hakim, Muhammad Sarwar Hossain, Palash Kumar Dhar and Hasi Rani Barai. Phytochemical-Assisted Synthesis of Fe3O4 Nanoparticles and Evaluation of Their Catalytic Activity. Micromachines (2022), 13, 2077. https://doi.org/10.3390/mi13122077.
(5) Dhar, P.K., Naznin, A., Hossain, M.S., Hasan, M.K. Toxic element profile of ice cream in Bangladesh: a health risk assessment study. Environ Monit Assess 193, 421 (2021). https://doi.org/10.1007/s10661-021-09207-7
(6) Palash Kumar Dhar, Muhammad Sarwar Hossain, Md. Nazim Uddin. Estimation of Daily Intake and Mineral Content of Ice Cream in Bangladesh. Journal of Chemical Health Risks, JCHR (2021), 11.
(7) Shishir Kumar Dey, Md. Tauhidur Rahman, Md. Aminul Islam, Sagar Kumar Dutta, Muhammad Sarwar Hossain, Palash Kumar Dhar. Studies on Volumetric and Viscometric Properties of L-Glutamic Acid in Aqueous Solution of Glucose over a Range of Temperatures (298K to 323K). Letters in Applied NanoBioScience. (2020), 9(4), 1547-1561. DOI: 10.33263/lianbs94.15471561.
(8) Tasmina Khandaker, Muhammad Sarwar Hossain, Palash Kumar Dhar, Md. Saifur Rahman, Md. Ashraf Hossain and Mohammad Boshir Ahmed. Efficacies of Carbon-Based Adsorbents for Carbon Dioxide Capture. Processes. (2020), 8(6), 654. (https://doi.org/10.3390/pr8060654)
(9) Muhammad Sarwar Hossain, Bishwajit Kumar Das and Abul Khayer Morol. Temperature Dependence of Volumetric and Viscometric Studies on SDS in Amino Acid Solutions. Pak. j. sci. ind. res. Ser. A: phys. sci. (2020) 63A (1) 30-39. (https://v3.pjsir.org/index.php/physical-sciences/article/view/356/240)
(10) Sagor Pande, Md. Monirul Islam, Muhammad Sarwar Hossain. Temperature controlled co-precipitation synthesis and characterization of manganese ferrite nanoparticles. Journal of Bangladesh Chemical Society, Vol. 31(1), January-June, (2019).
(11) Tasmina Khandaker, Mehedi Hasan, Md. Abdul Mannan, Md. Rezaul Haque and Muhammad Sarwar Hossain. Determination of morphological and phytochemical composition of different vegetables. Indian Journal of Scientific Research, Indian J. Sci. Res. 09 (1): 1-6, (2018), (DOI: 10.5958/2250-0138.2018.00001.9)
(12) Md. Kamrul Hasan, Eshita Ghosh, Tasmina Khandaker and Muhammad Sarwar Hossain. Comparison of some physiochemical parameters between marketed and virgin coconut oils available in Bangladesh. International Journal of Recent Scientific Research, Int J Recent Sci Res. 9(7) (2018), pp. 27979-27982. (DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.24327/ijrsr.2018.0907.2370).
(13) P. K. Dhar, M. A. Zubaer, M. K. Hasan, M. S. Hossain, M. K. Amin. Unusual Solubility Behavior of Catechol-Arginine Derivative. J. Basic. Appl. Chem., 8(2)14-18, (2018).
(14) Muhammad Sarwar Hossain, Md. Sohel Rana, Anubha Sarker and Tasmina Khandaker. Comparative analysis of some Bangladesh detergents. Bangladesh Journal of Scientific & Industrial Research. Bangladesh J. Sci. Ind. Res. 52(4), 321-324, 2017. (DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.3329/bjsir.v52i4.34818)
(15) Abinash Chandro Sarker, Anindita Das, M. Monirul Islam, Nasiruddin, Muhammad Sarwar Hossain, Netish Kumar Kundo, Md. Abdul Alim, Farhana Rahman Rima and M. Nazrul Islam. The Effects of Additives on Micellar Behavior of Amitriptyline Hydrochloride Drug in Aqueous Solution at (298.15 to 313.15) K Temperature under Atmospheric Pressure. Journal of Applied Chemistry, Volume 9, Issue 3 Ver. I (2016), PP 66-75. (DOI: 10.9790/5736-0903016675)
(16) Muhammad Sarwar Hossain, Abinash Chandro Sarker, Tasmina Khandaker, Md. Kamrul Hasan, Md. Nuruzzaman Khan, Nasiruddin. Volumetric and viscometric studies of sodium dodecyl sulphate in aquous and in amino acid solutions at different temperatures. Journal of Applied Chemistry, Volume 9, Issue 1 Ver. I (2016), PP 30-41. (DOI: 10.9790/5736-09113041)
(17) Muhammad Sarwar Hossain, Tapan Kumar Biswas, Dulal Chandra Kabiraz, Md. Nazrul Islam, Muhammad Entazul Huque. Studies on sodium dodecylsulfate in aqueous and in aqueous amino acid solutions: Volumetric and viscometric approaches. The journal of chemical thermodynamics, Vol. 71(2): 6-13 (2014). (http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jct.2013.11.022)
Poster Presentation & Conference Attended
1. The 129th General Meeting of the Korean Chemical Society, April 13-15, 2022, ICC Jeju, South korea. (Poster presentation)
2. “The 19th International Nanotech Symposium & Exhibition” organized by Nano Korea at KINTEX, Goyang, July 7-9, 2021. (Presentation about Direct CO2 capture by using zeolite ,ETS-4)
3. “The 5th Korea-Taiwan Symposium on Chemistry for Sustainable Developments” organized by Dept. of Chemistry, Sogang University, South Korea, February 9-12, 2020. (Presentation about High Performance CO2 capture by using 2D layered vanadosilicate)
4. “International Conference on Photocatalysis and Photoenergy 2019 (ICoPP2019)” organized by Korea Centre for Artificial Photosynthesis (KCAP), Sogang University, South Korea, May 22-25, 2019. (Presentation about Hydrothermal CO2 reduction to CO)
5. “International Symposium on Nanostructured Materials for Energy Conversion” organized by Korea Centre for Artificial Photosynthesis (KCAP), Sogang University, South Korea, February 8-10, 2018. (Presentation about Photocatalytic dehydrogenation of ethanol on metal‐loaded TiO2)
6. “International Symposium of Energy Material” organized by Korea Centre for Artificial Photosynthesis (KCAP), Sogang University, South Korea, November 08-10, 2017.
7. The 119th General Meeting of the Korean Chemical Society, April 19-21, 2017, KINTEX, Goyang, South korea. (Poster presentation)
8. The 117th General Meeting of the Korean Chemical Society, April 20-22, 2016, KINTEX, Goyang, South korea. (Poster presentation)
9. Bangladesh Chemical Congress (BCC), 2012 (35th Annual Conference of Bangladesh Chemical Society), 07-09 December, 2012, University of Dhaka & Bangladesh Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (BCSIR), Bangladesh
10. 22nd Bangladesh Science Conference, 27-29 september, 2012, Bangladesh Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (BCSIR), Dhaka, Bangladesh.
11. Studies on sodium dodecylsulfate in aqueous and in aqueous amino acid solutions: A Volumetric and Viscometric approaches. Zoha Memorial Symposium, February 15, 2012, Department of chemistry, University of Rajshahi, Bangladesh.
12. International conference on “Green Chemistry for Sustainable Development” organised by Jessore Science & Technology University, Jessore, Bangladesh. July 3-7, 2012, Dhaka, Bangladesh