Architecture Discipline, Khulna University
Sk. Kabir Ahmed
Master of Urban Planning and Policy Design (2010)
Specialization: Policy based urban Planning
Faculty of Architecture and Society, Politecnico di Milano, Italy
Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch) (2004)
(First place all through five years)
Architecture Discipline, Khulna University, Khulna, Bangladesh.
- History of Bengal Architecture
- Heritage conservation management
- Community-led design approach
- Innovation of building materials
Current Research Project/Collaboration
|SL||Title||Degree||Role||Start Date||End Date|
|No Supervision Available|
1. S.S. Hakim & K. Ahmed (Eds). (2018). „Reimagining Benapole: Problems, priorities and prospects for a sustainable future. 1st Edition. An Architecture Discipline, Khulna University & Urban Development Directorate (UDD) publication. ISBN: 978-984-93499-76.
1. Reimagining Benapole: Problems, priorities and prospects for a sustainable future‟ 2018, in
S.S. Hakim & K. Ahmed (Eds), Problems and priorities in reimagining Benapole , 1st Edition. An Architecture Discipline, Khulna University & Urban Development Directorate (UDD) publication, pp. 12-19. ISBN: 978-984-93499-76.
2. Reimagining Benapole: Problems, priorities and prospects for a sustainable future‟ 2018, in
S.S. Hakim & K. Ahmed (Eds), Prospects for reimagining Benapole, 1st Edition. An Architecture Discipline, Khulna University & Urban Development Directorate (UDD) publication, pp. 182-189. ISBN: 978-984-93499-76.
1. Ahmed K. & Ahmed S.S (2019). Challenges of Upgrading Urban Informal Settlement for Improving Quality of Life: Case of Rupsha Slum, Khulna by Protibesh: Journal of the Department of Architecture (BUET), January 2019 Issue-Volume 17, No 01. Pp. 21-33, ISSN 1812-8068
2. Ahmed K. & Khan Nur-Mohammad. (2018). Up-Gradation of Informal Settlement: A Review of Comparative Evidence of Khulna and Kathmandu by Asian Journal of Applied Science and Engineering (AJASE), Volume7, No 2/2018. Pp. 87-102, ISSN 2305-915X(p); 2307-9584(e). (https://doi.org/10.18034/ajase.v7i2.232)
3. Hakim S.S., Ahmed K. & Bosu S.P. (2017). Historicism in Architecture Education, KU STUDIES: Khulna University Studies Volume 14 (1 & 2): 107-128: January-December 2017.
4. Ahmed K. & Ahmed S.S. (2017). Socio-Cultural Acceptability of Urine Diverted Composting Toilets: A Review of Literature for Possible Adoption in Peri-Urban Areas as a Sustainable Sanitation Solution. Published by the American Institute of Physics (https://doi.org/10.1063/1.5018561)
5. Akter, F., Islam S. M.M., & Ahmed K. (2015). Entrepreneurial Qualities And Small Business Growth, BUSINESS REVIEW: A Journal of Business Administration Discipline, Khulna University, Bangladesh, Vol. 10/Number- 01 & 02, January to December, 2015, pp. 68-76, ISSN 1811-3788.
6. Islam M.S., Das A., K., Ahmed K. & Shams M.I. (2013). Effects of Cacl2 and Nahco3 on the Physical and Mechanical Properties of Dhaincha (Sesbania Aculeata) Cement-Bonded Particleboard, Journal of the Indian Academy of Wood Science, India. October 2013, ISSN 0972-172X.
7. Uddin S. M & Ahmed K. (2012). Socio-Agricultural Bridging Park: A Conceptual Urban Project In Suburban Area, Journal of Bangladesh Institute of Planners, Dhaka, Bangladesh, Vol. 5, December 2012, pp. 129-138, ISSN 2075-9363.
On Going Paper (Under Peer- review)
Conference paper (peer reviewed)
1. Ahmed, K., Kobir, S. & Nazimuddin, S.M. (2018). A critical review of the main challenges to safe and sustainable urban cities. 2nd International Conference on Green Architecture, 12- 14 July, 2018. Dhaka, Bangladesh. ISBN: 978-984-34-2747-2.