53, Babu Khan Road, Khulna.
Md. Ashikuzzaman (মোঃ আশিকুজ্জামান)
Md. Ashikuzzaman is a full-time faculty at Khulna University, Bangladesh. He has provided his services in different Non Government Organizations (NGOs) before entering the teaching profession. He has been teaching in Khulna University since 2015. Md. Ashikuzzman studied urban planning at both undergraduate (Urban and Rural Planning Discipline, Khulna University) and graduate (Urban Engineering, University of Tokyo) level. His experiences at NGOs level encouraged him to work on urban settings and Khulna University provided the platform. His recent published works contain public perceptions on different urban phenomenon and issues. His research interests covers planning and development management of cities in developing countries.
M.Eng., Urban Engineering, University of Tokyo, Japan
B.Sc., Urban and Rural Planning, Khulna University, Bangladesh
Current Research Project/Collaboration
|SL||Title||Research Role||Awarded Date||Completion Date||Funding Agency|
|No Research Project Available|
2018- to date
Khulna University, Bangladesh
• Develop course curriculum, conduct classes
• Conduct research on planning, development and socio-economic issues.
• Supervise students to conduct their research and project work
Khulna University, Bangladesh
Teaching Assistant, Department of Urban Engineering, University of Tokyo, Japan
• Support course teachers on taking classes, making class notes and taking exams
|SL||Title||Degree||Role||Start Date||End Date|
|No Supervision Available|
- Chanda, S.K., Ahammed, B., Howlader, M.H., Ashikuzzaman, M., Shovo, T-E-A., & Hossain, M.T. (2020) Factors associating different antenatal care contacts of women: A cross-sectional analysis of Bangladesh demographic and health survey 2014 data. PLoS ONE 15(4): e0232257. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0232257
- Rahman, M.A., Rahman, M.S., Shakur, S.M., Howlader, M.H., Ashikuzzaman, M., Husna, A.U., & Khan, B. (2020) Risk factors of chronic childhood malnutrition: an analysis of the Bangladesh demographic and health survey 2014 data. J Public Health (Berl.). https://doi.org/10.1007/s10389-020-01281-4
- Swapan, M. S. H., Ashikuzzaman, M., & Iftekhar, M. S. (2020). Dynamics of Urban Disaster Risk Paradigm: Looking Through the Perceived Lens of the Residents of Informal Settlements in Khulna City, Bangladesh. Environment and Urbanization ASIA, 11(1), 51-77. https://doi.org/10.1177/0975425320906269
- Swapan, M.S.H., Ashikuzzaman, M., & Iftekhar M.S. (2020) Equitable Access to Formal Disaster Management Programmes: Experience of Residents of Urban Informal Settlements in Bangladesh. In: Lukasiewicz A., Baldwin C. (eds) Natural Hazards and Disaster Justice. Palgrave Macmillan, Singapore. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-15-0466-2_9
- Ashikuzzaman, M., & Howlader, M. H. (2020). Sustainable Solid Waste Management in Bangladesh: Issues and Challenges. In A. Pariatamby, F. Shahul Hamid, & M. Bhatti (Eds.), Sustainable Waste Management Challenges in Developing Countries (pp. 35-55). Hershey, PA: IGI Global. http://dx.doi.org/10.4018/978-1-7998-0198-6.ch002
- Sadeque, S., Roy, S. K., Swapan, M. S. H., Chen, C. H., & Ashikuzzaman, M. (2020). An integrated model of city and neighborhood identities: A tale of two cities. Journal of Business Research. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jbusres.2019.06.040
- Howlader, M. H., Ashikuzzaman, M., Hossain, M. Z., & Khan, M. A. (2018). Urban Inequality: An Assessment on The Distribution of Infrastructure And Services in Khulna City Corporation, Bangladesh. Khulna University Studies, 15(1), 133-148. https://www.researchgate.net/publication/330934389_Urban_Inequality_An_Assessment_on_The_Distribution_of_Infrastructure_And_Services_in_Khulna_City_Corporation_Bangladesh
- Rahman, M. M., Aktar, S., & Ashikuzzaman, M. (2017). Multi-Hazard Vulnerability Assessment of An Urban Area: A Case Study on Ward 34 of Dhaka South City Corporation. Journal of the Asiatic Society of Bangladesh Science, 43(2), 181-195. http://www.asiaticsociety.org.bd/journal/S_DEC_2017/4_1645-%20Maksudur.pdf
- Sujauddin, K. M., Razu, S. R., & Ashikuzzaman, M. (2017). An Assessment of Water and Sanitation Facilities for Slum Dwellers: A Cross-sectional Study in Khulna City of Bangladesh. Jagannath University Journal of Social Science, 6(1), 28-39.
- Salauddin, M., & Ashiuzzaman, M. (2016). Dilemmas in Existing Planning Practices and Options for Introducing Reflexive Planning As A Tool for Participatory Approach: Perspective of Khulna City. Plan Plus 7(1), 11-19. https://www.researchgate.net/publication/335909836_Dilemmas_in_Existing_Planning_Practices_and_Options_for_Introducing_Reflexive_Planning_As_A_Tool_for_Participatory_Approach_Perspective_of_Khulna_City
- Salauddin, M., & Ashiuzzaman, M. (2012). Nature and extent of population displacement due to climate change triggered disasters in south-western coastal region of Bangladesh. International Journal of Climate Change Strategies and Management 4(1), 54-65. https://doi.org/10.1108/17568691211200218