Sagar Kumar Dutta (সাগর কুমার দত্ত)
Sagar Kumar Dutta achieved B.Sc.(Hon's) and M.Sc. degree in Chemistry in 2016 and 2018, respectively from Khulna University, Bangladesh. In 2019 he joined as a Lecturer in Chemistry Discipline, Khulna University. During his “MS and Undergraduate Research” he worked with Dr. Jamil Ahmed on “ Bio-Adsorption”. Now he is working as a Faculty member
M.Sc. (with thesis) in Organic Chemistry, Khulna University, Bangladesh.B.Sc. (with thesis) in Chemistry, Khulna University, Bangladesh.
· Certificate of Honour from dean list, Khulna University, Khulna, Bangladesh.
· National Science and Technology (NST) Fellowship, Ministry of Science and Technology, Bangladesh, 2017
· Khulna University Merit Grants, 2011-2015
Solid-State Synthetic Chemistry, Spinel Ferrites Composite synthesis, Photocatalyst, Adsorption, Nano-Composite Synthesis, Water purification, Green synthesis
FT-IR, UV-Visible, SEM, EDS, XRD, TGA, Data Analysis Software: Chem draw, Origin 9.1 Pro, X'Pert HighScore
My current research focuses on the production of CeO2 nanoparticles (Green synthesis) using plant extracts. In addition to this, I have also noticed the doping characteristics of Ce in a nickel-copper-based spinel ferrites composite.
Current Research Project/Collaboration
|SL||Title||Research Role||Awarded Date||Completion Date||Funding Agency|
|1||Synthesis and characterization of Al-doped transition metal-based spinel ferrite composite||Principal Investigator||04.03.2021||15.09.2022||National|
- Lecturer, Chemistry Discipline, Khulna University, Khulna-9208, Bangladesh (July 15, 2019 - July 14, 2021)
- Assistant Professor, Chemistry Discipline, Khulna University, Khulna-9208, Bangladesh (July 16, 2021-Present)
- Assistant Provost, Aparajita Hall, Khulna University, Bangladesh
|SL||Title||Degree||Role||Start Date||End Date|
|1||Snthesis and characterization of Al-doped transition metal-based spinel ferrite composite||Bachelor||Supervisor||20/12/2021||15/09/2022|
1. M. Akhter, S. K. Dutta*, P.K. Dhar, J. Ahmed, M. N. I. Khan, M. K. Amin, J. Islam (2022) Catalytic degradation of toxic organic dye using an aluminum-doped Cu0.4 Zn 0.6-xAlxFe2O4 (x = 0.0, 0.2, 0.4, 0.6) spinel ferrite in a photo-Fenton system. EnvironmentalQuality Management, (Accepted, 15 Dec 2022) (Wiley) https://doi.org/10.1002/tqem.21954 (I.F =1.09)
2. S. Chakrabarty , A. Tamim, M. Yilmaz, P. K. Dhar, R. M. Mim, S. K. Dutta , Adsorption of Pb (II) ions from aqueous solution using CuO-ZnO. Chemistry Africa, 2022 (Springer) https://doi.org/10.1007/s42250-022-00554-7
3. S.K. Dutta, M.K. Amin, J. Ahmed, M. Elias, M. Mahiuddin; Removal of Toxic Methyl Orange by a Cost-free and Eco-friendly Adsorbent: Mechanism, Phytotoxicity, Thermodynamics, and Kinetics, South African Journal of Chemical Engineering (Elsevier), 40, 195-208, 2022 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sajce.2022.03.006
4. S. K. Dutta*, M. Akhter, J. Ahmed, M. K. Amin P. K. Dhar, 2022. Synthesis and Catalytic Activity of Spinel Ferrites: A Brief Review. Biointerface Research in Applied Chemistry, 12(4), pp. 4399 - 4416.https://biointerfaceresearch.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/20695837124.43994416.pdf
5. S. K. Dey, M.T. Rahman, M.A. Islam, S.K. Dutta, M.S. Hossain, P.K. Dhar, 2020. Studies on Volumetric and Viscometric Properties of L-glutamic Acid in Aqueous Solution of Glucose Over a Range of Temperatures (298K to 323K). App. NanoBioSci. 9(4), pp. 1547-1561.https://nanobioletters.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/2284680894.15471561.pdf
Conference Abstract (Poster & Oral presentation)
1. M. Akhter, S. K. Dutta*, P. K. Dhar, J. Ahmed, M. K. Amin, J. Islam; The effect of Al3+ ions on the Photo-Fenton system dye degradation activity of a Cu-Zn spinel ferrite composites, International Conference on Environmental Protection for Sustainable Development (ICEPSD-2022), Dhaka, Bangladesh. 2022.
2. S. K. Dutta*, S. K. Dey; Voltametric synthesis of Catechol Derivative: Characterization and Antibacterial Activitys, 1st International Conference on Frontier in Sciences (ICFS-2022), BUET, Dhaka, Bangladesh. 2022.