Dr. Md. Mahiuddin
Dr. Mahiuddin received BSc (Hon’s) in Chemistry and M.Sc. in Organic Chemistry from Rajshahi University, Bangladesh in 2008 and 2009, respectively. Later he completed his Ph.D. in Material Chemistry from Yamagata University, Japan under the Japanese Government Monbukagakushu scholarship. Dr. Mahiuddin published around 15 journal articles and attended conferences at home and abroad. His research involves the development of functional nanomaterials including metal and metal oxide nanoparticles, and their graphene-based nanocomposites using safe and abundant natural sources. He is now working as the Associate Professor of Chemistry Discipline at Khulna University, Bangladesh.
- Doctor of Engineering, Green Materials, and Advanced Processing (GMAP) Research Centre, Graduate School of Science and Engineering, Yamagata University, Japan.
- M.Sc. in Organic Chemistry, Rajshahi University, Bangladesh.
- B.Sc. (Hons.) in Chemistry, Rajshahi University, Bangladesh.
- Nanoparticles and nanocomposites
- Graphene-based materials
Current Research Project/Collaboration
|SL||Title||Research Role||Awarded Date||Completion Date||Funding Agency|
|No Research Project Available|
2020 to present Associate Professor
2015 to 2020 Assistant Professor
2017 Visiting researcher, Yamagata University, Japan
2013 to 2015 Lecturer
2016 to 2018 Assistant Provost, Aparajita Hall, Khulna University
(1) Mahiuddin, M.; Ochiai, B. Comprehensive Study on Lemon Juice-Based Green Synthesis and Catalytic Activity of Bismuth Nanoparticles. ACS Omega 2022, 7 (40), 35626–35634. https://doi.org/10.1021/acsomega.2c03416.
(2) Khan, M. A. R.; Al Mamun, M. S.; Habib, M. A.; Islam, A. B. M. N.; Mahiuddin, M.; Karim, K. M. R.; Naime, J.; Saha, P.; Dey, S. K.; Ara, M. H. A Review on Gold Nanoparticles: Biological Synthesis, Characterizations, and Analytical Applications. Results Chem. 2022, 4 (August), 100478. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rechem.2022.100478.
(3) Mahiuddin, M.; Ochiai, B. One-Pot Green Synthesis and Catalytic Activity of Bismuth/Reduced Graphene Oxide (Bi/RGO) Nanocomposite Using Lemon Juice. ECS Trans. 2022, 107 (1), 7397–7405. https://doi.org/10.1149/10701.7397ecst.
(4) Dutta, S. K.; Amin, M. K.; Ahmed, J.; Elias, M.; Mahiuddin, M. Removal of Toxic Methyl Orange by a Cost-Free and Eco-Friendly Adsorbent: Mechanism, Phytotoxicity, Thermodynamics, and Kinetics. South African J. Chem. Eng. 2022, 40 (February), 195–208. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sajce.2022.03.006.
(5) Mahiuddin, M.; Ochiai, B. Lemon Juice Assisted Green Synthesis of Reduced Graphene Oxide and Its Application for Adsorption of Methylene Blue. Technologies 2021, 9 (4), 96. https://doi.org/10.3390/technologies9040096.
(6) Ullah, M. W.; Haraguchi, N.; Ali, M. A.; Alam, M. R.; Mahiuddin, M.; Ahamed, S. K. Atom Transfer Radical Polymerization of Styrene and Acrylates: Effects of Catalyst, Ligand, Solvent, and Initiator. J. Sci. Res. 2021, 13 (3), 999–1010. https://doi.org/10.3329/jsr.v13i3.53347.
(7) Mahiuddin, M.; Ochiai, B. Green Synthesis of Crystalline Bismuth Nanoparticles Using Lemon Juice. RSC Adv. 2021, 11 (43), 26683–26686. https://doi.org/10.1039/D1RA03560F.
(8) Kumar, G.; Tonu, N. T.; Dhar, P. K., Mahiuddin, M. Removal of Fe 3 + Ions from Wastewater by Activated Borassus Flabellifer Male Flower Charcoal. Pollution 2021, 7 (3), 693–707. https://doi.org/10.22059/poll.2021.320575.1033.
(9) Saha, P.; Mahiuddin, M.; Islam, A. B. M. N.; Ochiai, B. Biogenic Synthesis and Catalytic Efficacy of Silver Nanoparticles Based on Peel Extracts of Citrus Macroptera Fruit. ACS Omega 2021, 6 (28), 18260–18268. https://doi.org/10.1021/acsomega.1c02149.
(10) Nayeem, J.; Al-Bari, M. A. A.; Mahiuddin, M.; Rahman, M. A.; Mefford, O. T.; Ahmad, H.; Rahman, M. M. Silica Coating of Iron Oxide Magnetic Nanoparticles by Reverse Microemulsion Method and Their Functionalization with Cationic Polymer P(NIPAm-Co-AMPTMA) for Antibacterial Vancomycin Immobilization. Colloids Surfaces A Physicochem. Eng. Asp. 2021, 611 (October 2020), 125857. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.colsurfa.2020.125857.
(11) Mahiuddin, M.; Saha, P.; Ochiai, B. Green Synthesis and Catalytic Activity of Silver Nanoparticles Based on Piper Chaba Stem Extracts. Nanomaterials 2020, 10 (9), 1777. https://doi.org/10.3390/nano10091777.
(12) Sultana, U.; Habib, M. A.; Amin, M. K.; Mahiuddin, M.; Zahan, M. K.; Islam, A. B. M. N. Synthesis, Structural Properties of Hydrazine Carbodithioate Schiff Base and Their Metal Complexes and Evaluation of Their Biological Activity. Egypt. J. Chem. 2020, 63 (10), 0–0. https://doi.org/10.21608/ejchem.2020.20507.2230.
(13) Tonu, N. T.; Mahiuddin, M.; Dutta, A. K. Comparative Study on the Physico-Chemical and Antibacterial Characteristics of Tamarindus Indica and Momordica Charantia Seed Lipid. Int. J. Chem. Stud. 2020, 8 (2), 1968–1972. https://doi.org/10.22271/chemi.2020.v8.i2ad.9042.
(14) Syed, A.; Kumar, G.; Tonu, N. T.; Chakrabarty, S.; Mahiuddin, M.; Hoque, K. An Investigation on the Adsorption Capacity of Carbon Particle for the Removal of Fe3+ Ion from Water. Int. J. Chem. Stud. 2020, 8 (2), 55–61. https://doi.org/10.22271/chemi.2020.v8.i2a.8752.
(15) Mahiuddin, M.; Nusrat Tazeen, T.; Md Rafsun, Z.; Chhoa, M.; Ahasanur, R. M. Characterization of Corncob and Areca Nut Stem-Based Wood Vinegar as Potential Fungicides. Res. J. Chem. Environ. 2020, 24 (1), 106–110.
(16) Saha, P.; Saha, N.; Mahiuddin, M.; Islam, A. N. Investigation on Fatty Acid Composition of Oil Extracted from Carica Papaya Investigation on Fatty Acid Composition of Oil Extracted from Carica Papaya L . Seed. Int. J. Innov. Res. Sci. Eng. Technol. 2018, 7 (10, October 2018), 10543–10548. https://doi.org/10.15680/IJIRSET.2018.0710066.
(17) Ahmad, H.; Mahiuddin, M.; Rahman, M. A.; Rahman, M. M.; Miah, M. A. J.; Tauer, K. Preparation of Crosslinked Cationic Poly(2-Dimethylaminoethyl Methacrylate) Microspheres by Precipitation Copolymerization. J. Polym. Mater. 2013, 30 (2), 225–237.