Search By Term :
- 1st Year
- 2nd Year
- 3rd Year
- 4th Year
- Ne dictas epicurei eleifend quo.
- An vix nisl dissentiet,
- vide wisi interpretaris eos ad.
- Hinc aliquid sea ei,
- Pri graeco sensibus at, quo et liber ignota deserunt.
- Nobis quando mucius pri ea.
- Magna meliore ei mei.
- Vis alia dolore tamquam eu,
Fundamentals of Communication
Course Status: Core
Rationale: This course deals with basic concepts of communication, types of communication, communication barriers, history of communication, evolution of media and negotiation.
Course Objectives: Objectives of this course is to-
• articulate an understanding of basic concepts of communication and evolution of communication process.
• introduce the communication barriers
• interpret the evolution of media. Intended Learning Outcomes (ILOs):
At the end of the course, students will be able to-
• describe the core theories of communication, their types and communication models.
• praise the mass media development
• follow the negotiation crisis situation.
Course Content Section- A
1. Understanding Communication: Definition and Meaning, Nature and Scope of Communication, Roles, Functions, Communication Principles and Components.
2. Basic Concepts of Communication: Intrapersonal, Interpersonal, Verbal, Non-verbal, Group communication, Mass Communication, Public communication.
3. Communication Barriers: Noise, Communication Apprehension.
4. Communication Models and Theories: Models- Aristotle’s Communication Model, Lasswell’s Communication Model, Shannon-Waver’s Communication Model, Schramm’s Communication Model, D.K Berlo’s Communication Model' Theories- Perception, Listening.
5. History of Communication: Origin and Development of Communication History, Evolution of Language and Writing, Beginning of Mass Media, Communication in ancient period.
6. Communication Theorist: Acquainted with major communication scholars -Marshall McLuhan, Willbur Schramm, David K Berlo, Their works and contribution on communication era.
7. Evolution of Media: Print Media and Electronic Media (Their origin and development)'
8. Negotiation: Definition and Meaning, Compromise, Considering Everyone's Needs, When negotiation fails in communication.