1. Introducing some common apparatus and reagents:
a) Use of balance b) Use of graduated glassware c) Water for laboratory use d) Reagents and standard solution.
2. Some basic techniques:
a) Preparation of the substance for analysis and weighing the sample.
b) Preparation of the solution of the sample.
3. Systematic qualitative analysis of inorganic substances
a) Physical appearance
b) Preliminary dry test
4. Removal of interfering acids for systematic examination of bases in solution
5. Analysis of insoluble substances
- Vogel’s Qualitative Inorganic Analysis: G. Svehla, 6th edition, Longman Scientific& Technical, New York, 1991.
- Vogel’s Quantitative Chemical Analysis: G.H. Jeffery, J. Bassett, J. Mendham & R.C Denney, 6th edition, Longman Scientific& Technical, New York, 2001.
- Bislashonio & Baboharik Rashayon: S.K. Hasari, K.N. Das & B.K. Dey, 5th edition, Persivel Hill, Chittagong (Bangla Version), 2001.