Chemistry is about the molecules all around us. Study in Chemistry involves the exploration of matter, creation of new molecules and materials, investigation of their structures, properties, functions, and utility. Chemistry is everywhere; better understanding in chemistry is necessary to all other sciences from astronomy to zoology.
Chemistry Discipline is comparatively newly established discipline under Science, Engineering & Technology School in Khulna University. Chemistry Discipline in Khulna University has lunched its academic activities on 1st July 2009 with the degree of Bachelors in Chemistry (Honors) that include 4 years split into 8 semesters. In that time Chemistry Discipline started with only one classroom, one laboratory & three faculty members but today Chemistry Discipline is running with enough classrooms and laboratory facilities.
Chemistry Discipline endeavors to be a nationally-recognized model for educating and graduating students prepared to compete in and contribute to the ever-changing, technology-centered world of the 21st century. Our focus is to achieving excellence and leadership in chemistry based teaching, fundamental research and innovative applications to ensure industrial and socio-economic development of Bangladesh.
The mission of chemistry discipline, khulna university is to teach students about the structure of matter and the conditions required for material change and to provide students with educational and research experience in chemistry with talent in innovation, self-learning and career competitiveness. The goal of chemistry discipline is to prepare students for graduate study in chemistry or related fields or for a career in chemical industry or in teaching and research.
The aim of the program is to-
- offer basic as well as advanced chemistry courses, lab experiences, and research activities
- provide sufficient opportunities to work with relevant instrumentation
- train experiment designing, execution, analysis and troubleshooting
- assist the development of students majoring in other science related fields by providing chemistry courses, which provide the necessary knowledge based on the chemical field
The graduates from the chemistry discipline will be able to-
- explain the major concepts, theoretical principles and experimental findings in chemistry
- implement practical skills in chemical analysis to work for industrial applications
- design updated synthetic protocols in their field and innovate new knowledge in chemistry through various research organizations
- develop an effective writing and oral communication skills, specially the ability to transmit complex technical information in a clear and concise manner
- acquire an ability to gain entry into professional schools, graduate programs or the job market