Search By Term :
- 1st Year
- 2nd Year
- 3rd Year
- 4th Year
Introduction to Biotechnology and Genetic Engineering
- Introduction: Definition, history, technology level, and applications of Biotechnology and Genetic Engineering. Biotechnology and Genetic Engineering and developing countries. Commercialization of Biotechnology and Genetic Engineering in a developing economy.
- Recombinant DNA Technology: Modification of gene, gene transfer, transgenic organism.
- Biotechnology and Genetic Engineering and Fermentation Process: Bioreactor, the fermentation process; fermented products.
- Food Biotechnology and Genetic Engineering: Introduction, alcoholic beverages, dairy products, food enzymes, sweeteners, food wastes, miscellaneous microbial products, oriental fermented foods and drinks, bakery processes.
- Biotechnology and Genetic Engineering in Agriculture: Impact of Biotechnology and Genetic Engineering in agriculture; list of biotechnological products used in agriculture and their advantages and disadvantages, Biotechnological tools used in crop production. Plant Tissue culture: Micropropagation, application of micropropagation, genetic manipulated plants, biological nitrogen fixation and biofertilizers, biocontrol of plant pathogens, insect, pests and weeds. Mushroom production. Transgenic plants.
- Biotechnology and Genetic Engineering in Animal Production: Animal wealth, products from animal, animal cell culture, pharmaceuticals from transgenic animals, blood substitutes from transgenic animals.
- Biosensor Technology and probiotics: Definition, scope and applications.
- Enzyme Technology: Definition of enzyme, enzymology and enzyme technology, the nature of enzymes, the application of enzymes, the technology of enzyme production, immobilized enzymes.
- Biotechnology and Medicine: Introduction, regulatory proteins, blood products, antibiotics, vaccines and monoclonal antibodies.
- Biological Fuel Generation: Photosynthesis - the ultimate energy resource, sources of biomass, ethanol from biomass, methane from biomass, biogas production.
- Biotechnology and Environment: Oil pollution, microbes and geological environment, pesticides and herbicides pollution, heavy metal pollution and sewage disposal.
- Safety in Biotechnology: Problems of organisms, pathogencity, problems of biologically active biotechnological products.
- Enim sanctus iudicabit sit ea.
- In qui sumo dolore aeterno,
- nulla minim eum ne.
- In usu aperiri scribentur