CISS, Khulna University Khulna-9208
Marine ecology, eco toxicology
List of Publications:
1. Sabbir, W., Rahman, M. Z., Halder, T., Khan. M. N & Ray, S. (2018). Assessment of heavy metal contamination in fish feed available in three districts of South Western region of Bangladesh. International Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Studies, 6(2), 100-104.
2. Bhuiyan, M. K. A., Qureshi, S., Billah, M. M., Kammella, S. V., Alam, M. R., Ray, S., & MK, A. H. (2018). Distribution of Trace Metals in Channel Sediment: A Case Study in South Atlantic Coast of Spain. Water, Air, & Soil Pollution, 229(1), 14.
3. Bir, J., Howlader, P., Ray, S., Sultana, S., Khalil, S. M. I., & Banu, G. R. (2017). A critical review on White Spot Syndrome Virus (WSSV): A potential threat to shrimp farming in Bangladesh and some Asian countries. International Journal of Microbiology and Mycology, 6(1), 39-48.
4. Das, M. R., Ray, S., Kumar, U., Begum, S., & Tarafdar, S. R. (2015). Livelihood assessment of the fishermen community in the south west region of Bangladesh. Journal of Experimental Biology, 3(4), 353-361.
5. Ray, S., Ahmed, M I., Khatun, M. M., Sayeed, M. A. B., Shah, M. S., & Sarower, M. G. (2014). Antioxidant potential and nutrient content of selected small indigenous species of fish. Pharmacology online, 2, 39-40.
6. Sarower, M. G., Ray, S., Hasan, M. A., Ferdous, S., Ahmed, M. I., & Khatun, M. M. (2014). Antioxidant potential and nutrient content in selected fish species of different feeding habits in Bangladesh. American Journal of Pham Tech Research. 4(4), 388-396.
7. Halder, M., Mahmud, A. S. M., Amin, M. S., Rabbi, S. M. F., Islam, F., Rahman, M. S., Nandi, N. C., Mouri, N. J., Ray, S., & Joadar, J. C. (2014). Effect of Iron Dust on Arsenic Accumulation and Nutrient Status of Ipomoea aquatic Grown in Arsenic Contaminated Soil. Research Journal of Soil Biology, 6 (1), 17-24.
8. Ray, S., Ahmed, M. I., & Shah, M. S. (2011). Quest for antioxidants in fishes. Fisheries & Aquaculture News Bangladesh, 1, 32-34.
9. Siddiqui, M. N., Hasan, M. J., Rahman, M. Z., Islam, M. R., Boduruzaman, M., Reza, M. F., & Ray, S. (2011). Effect of freezing time on nutritional value of Jatpunti (Puntius sophore), Sarpunti (P. sarana) and Thaisarpunti (P. gonionotus). Bangladesh Research Publications Journal, 5(4), 387-392.
10. Siddiqui, M. N., Biswas, P. K., Ray, S., Hasan, M. J., & Reza, M. F. (2010). Effect of Freezing Time on the Nutritional Value of Mystus gulio (Nuna tengra), Mystus tengra (Bazari tengra) and Mystus cavasius (Ghulsha tengra). Journal of Science Foundation, 8(1-2), 119-122.
Begum, S., Hossain, M., & Ray, S. (2015). Carrying capacity assessment for Eco-tourism in the Sundarbans Ecosystem, Bangladesh. Towards the promotion of ecotourism in the Sundarbans ecosystem Bangladesh. Centre for Integrated Studies on the Sundarbans CISS, Khulna University 1-13
Begum, S., Ahmmed, M. K., Ray, S., Emran, K. A. A., & Islam, S. M. (2015). Development of information hub for virtual tourism in the Sundarbans, Bangladesh for promoting Eco-tourism. Towards the promotion of ecotourism in the Sundarbans ecosystem Bangladesh. Centre for Integrated Studies on the Sundarbans CISS, Khulna University 14-21
Involved research projects:
Identification and preservation of fish and crustacean fisheries organisms of the Sundarbans mangrove ecosystem” funded by Khulna University Research Cell, Khulna University, Bangladesh, 2015-2015
Environmental Forces and Morphological Variability of the Gastropod Mollusk in the Greater Khulna, Bangladesh” funded by Ministry of science and information & communication technology, Bangladesh, 2013-2015
Carrying capacity assessment for eco-tourism and development of information hub for virtual tourism in the Sundarbans, Bangladesh” Funded by World Bank through Ministry of Environment and Forest under Strengthening Regional Cooperation for Wildlife Protection Project (SRCWP), 2013-2015
Antioxidant from Low Cost Coastal and Freshwater Fishes: Screening and Evaluation” funded by Ministry of Education, Bangladesh , 2009-2011
Attended seminars, conferences:
A Training on Development and awareness Capacity for Ecotourism in the Sundarbans, organized by Centre for Integrated Studies on the Sundarbans (CISS), Khulna University, Bangladesh, 2014.
A Conference on SWOT Analysis and Virtual Tourism Development for the Sundarbans, organized by Centre for Integrated Studies on the Sundarbans (CISS), Khulna University, Bangladesh, 2014.
A Seminar on Oil spills in the Sundarbans: Our Concern, organized by Centre for Integrated Studies on the Sundarbans (CISS), Khulna University, Bangladesh, 2014.
The 5th Fisheries Conference and Research Fair,, organized by Bangladesh Fisheries Research Forum, Dhaka, Bangladesh, 2012.